Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary: £45,000 to £48,000
A leading provider of engine related manufacturing and engineering services is seeking a Quality Engineer to support them through product conformance, quality standards and processes.
As Quality Engineer you will support the entire supply chain from supplied parts to production through to delivered components at the customer.
- Support for New Product Introduction, as well as driving continuous improvement activities
- Support supplier and internal assessments against the requirements of industry standards
- Liaise with customers and suppliers on key quality problems, leading and supporting 8D activities.
- Analyse and report on production performance with the aim of prioritising improvement actions.
- Monitor both internal and external scrap levels, initiating problem solving activities and scrap reduction initiatives.
- Maintain customer driven documentation of quality elements and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Contribute to the update of the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) documents and
- Product Control Plans in accordance with changes to process, updating said documentation.
- Carry out internal process and system audits in line with company quality accreditations
- Evaluate Statistical Process Control (SPC) data and initiate actions accordingly.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process.
Key skills and experiences:
- Proven experience, preferably within an automotive environment, is essential, covering APQP and Quality Assurance (QA) activities.
- Proven experience of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Proven experience of Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA) activities.
- Proven experience of participating in and/or leading product and process audits.
- Interpretation of geometric tolerancing and 2D drawings
- Understanding and experience of APQP, FMEA's, PPAP, SPC
- A Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is essential
- Studying for or have achieved Institute of Quality Assurance membership is desirable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 167.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.