A Quality Engineer is urgently required for a new purpose built cutting-edge manufacturing facility based near Southam which will revolutionise the compressor technology market. This flagship project with a total investment of £65m is a joint business venture between one of the UK’s most innovative R&D Compressor Technology company’s and one of largest manufacturers in the UK to spearhead a new wave of precision manufacturing.
Reporting to the Quality Manager and senior team members the role is to support, grow and continuously improve the manufacturing & assembly of world class products. The candidate will be a critical team leader in developing new methods of checking and validation of internal components to drawings specifications. You will be required to working closely with the Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing teams to influence the quality for manufacture on existing products and NPI.
Your duties and responsibilities for this critical role will include the following:
- Knowledge and experience of ISO standards and IATF (TS16949).
- Capable of using more traditional checking equipment, height gauges, micrometers, verniers, gauging (hard & electronic) etc.
- Understand & interpret 2D drawings and models.
- Control & produce quality procedures.
- Be part of the NPI / design team introduction.
- Work closely with engineering during 1st off to production.
- Support the supply chain & production team on a day to day basis to ensure timely delivery of customer expectations.
- Be proactive in the recommendation of new or improved quality techniques.
To be considered for this role you will have a proven track record within a production or manufacturing environment. Our client is seeking applications from candidates that have a recognised technical apprenticeship, HNC level equivalent qualification in manufacturing engineering or time served industry experience. We will also be seeking this individual with have some of the following knowledge and experiences:
- A proven track record within quality engineering department/role.
- Able to read and interpret 2D drawings and models.
- A good knowledge of castings and machining.
- Be the internal & external face of the quality department.
- Generate quality documentation for supply chain and internally production.
- Experienced in NPI and process improvements.
- Communicating and presenting data effectively.
- Familiar with Quality Systems / PPAP & Environmental Issues.
- Ability to pick up a project from cradle to grave hitting pre-determined timelines.
- Experienced in Quality Processes including First Off’s, APQP, NPI and inspection.
- Knowledge of ISO9002 and other relevant systems.
In return our client can offer the opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting engineering projects in region with genuine opportunities for career development within this newly formed organisation. A salary of up to £45,000pa is available dependent on experience with contributory pension, death in service and a total 33 days holiday per annum. The working hours for this role will be 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday and 7.30am to 12.30pm on Fridays.
If you would like to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail then please call Les Hines on 01384 397555 or send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.