Newcastle upon Tyne
over 1 year ago
Quality Engineer - Newcastle - Permanent - Aerospace Industry
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of NPI and PPAP processes. Candidates with experience in aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth this company who offer metal forming solutions to the Aerospace, Defence, Medical, Energy and Space sectors in the Newcastle area requires a motivated and proactive Quality Engineer for a new permanent role.
The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer will be:
- Assist Engineering teams with new product introduction processes in order to navigate part approval and sign off with customers including PPAP
- Support the QA Manager with liaison and co-ordination of activities with 3 rd party certification and audit bodies
- Conduct internal audits in line with ISO 9001 & AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Lead assigned improvement activities using structured problem-solving techniques such as Six Sigma and 8D.
- Act as a point of contact for customer concerns, as required.
- Support the co-ordination of corrective and preventative actions
- Ensure that Internal and Supplier non-conformance 8D reports are completed and in line with company standards
- Actively promote and encourage CI and grow a culture within the business
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Understanding of FAIR's compilation
- QA knowledge and Audit Certification (or similar)
- Strong quality toolbox such as SPC, 5 Why's and Fishbone
- Process 8D NCR's and construct resolutions
- Good understanding of ISO9001 or AS9100 or TS16949
- Excellent people skills and act as a POC for customers both internal and external
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Assurance and NPI processes and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.