- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 29 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59636
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
Quality, Engineering, Systems, QMS, IMS, ISO9001, 8D, 5Y, Problem Solving, Audits, Manufacturing
Our client is world class innovator being at the forefront of their industry and due to continued demands they are now seeking a Quality Engineer who will focus on supporting all areas of manufacturing in product and process quality activities.
As Quality Engineer your main job purpose will be:
- To support the Quality Engineer with effective management and application of the company’s Quality Management System.
- Act as a key contact with customers, suppliers and other external bodies, being responsible for support of business functions ensuring the execution of corrective actions and ongoing compliance on quality issues.
- Promote and report quality achievement and performance improvement across the business including supporting monthly quality meeting.
As a Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will be;
- Work under the direction of the Quality Engineer, completing assigned tasks according to priority, to ensure the company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) is maintained to a high standard.
- Read production drawings and specifications and compare them with finished product.
- Carry out mechanical and visual inspection activities as necessary.
- Report any defects found to Production and Quality Manager / Senior Quality Engineer without delay.
- Maintain and take ownership of the internal quality NC register.
- Review and report internal NC data to Quality Manager / Senior Quality Engineer, work alongside colleagues to implement corrective actions.
- Where necessary, represent the company during site visits to customers and suppliers.
- Bring together staff of different disciplines and drive the group to formulate and agree responses to customer quality issues.
- Document and report supplier related concerns to the purchasing department and follow up to ensure supplier actions are completed effectively.
- Support the internal auditing programme.
This is a challenging and exciting role and as such the Quality Engineer must demonstrate following:
- Experience in quality auditing, control and planning within a manufacturing assembly arena.
- Must be a good problem solver using 8D, 5Y, Fishbone techniques
- Good ISO9001 quality systems knowledge
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are keen to be considered for this opportunity, or require additional information, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.