Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary Range: £35,000 to £38,000
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of new product introduction within a manufacturing environment. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry and TS 16949 standard would be well received.
Due to growth this company based in Worcester requires a proactive Quality Engineer with APQP and PPAP experience for a new permanent role.
As a Quality Engineer and key player in the NPD team, you will be required to:
- Support the design and development of products and processes through advanced product quality planning (APQP) ensuring that prevention based systems are utilised.
- Complete PPAP, EMPB and other customer required submissions on time and in full.
- Ensure that the quality system is followed and that project folders are up-to-date at all times.
- Maintain project reviews in line with the Project plan.
- Work closely with SQE in order to Co-ordinate supplier activities in terms of APQP and PPAP.
- Maintain the company’s recognised quality system and to assist the Quality Manager in the maintenance of quality records.
- Success will be measured by the continued certification and positive results of external customer audits. Take responsibility for ensuring any NC's identified in audits for NPD are closed out with good root cause solutions in place.
- Drive a right first time approach by modelling the way in terms of: Good FMEA's, Objective standards for AAR, correct use of Lessons learnt, and support the stage gate review process by conducting regular Pro 04 project audits.
- Maintain excellent relationships within the facility, SC, SBU and customer teams.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Quality experience within a manufacturing environment, demonstrating a clear knowledge of APQP & PPAP.
- Able to work effectively in a team understanding the TS16949 and VDA standard requirements.
- A clear and practical understanding of the use of quality improvement methodology such as SPC, DOE, Poka-yoke, 8D, etc
- A clear and practical understanding of the New Product Introduction requirements of 1st tier automotive customers.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing (flow) processes, measures and goals in a throughput world.
- Self-motivated to drive the improvement in the quality system - use the associated quality tools to make these changes and share the process with members of the facility
- Able to identify weaknesses in the quality system and initiate action plans to improve the system.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience in a quality related role, within a manufacturing environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Worcester based manufacturing company will offer you:
- £35,000 to £38,000 + bonus
- Health & Dental cover
- Pension contribution
- Life Insurance
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.