Permanent position - Cambridge
Salary £30,000 to £35,000 Depending on exeprince
The Quality Engineer is required to provide quality leadership and expertise across all areas of the business through planning, investigation, project management and pro-active quality improvement activity. This will include the development, maintenance and improvement of quality standards, systems and processes for the company products. Additionally, with the application of quality improvement tools, ensure quality compliance in materials, processes and products.
The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Quality Engineer on a permanent staff basis.
As the Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- Undertake investigations, quality projects and data/statistical analysis for the department to support customer and business initiatives and quality improvement.
- Contribute and when required, lead continuous improvement and site-specific quality projects.
- Support quality system and process reviews to ensure site QMS is robust and opportunities for improvement are addressed.
- Undertake all quality activity in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and health, safety & environmental HSE requirements.
- Contribute to customer statutory audits by representing the quality assurance department.
- Champion ancillary tasks (5S/FOD, Lean and continuous improvement) in support of the day-to-day running of the Quality department.
- Contribute to customer specification reviews including the creating and maintenance of relevant procedures as appropriate.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience of working as a Quality Engineer in materials or composites manufacturing would be ideal.
- A scientific qualification to Degree level.
- An understanding of the working interface of globally linked sites.
- Working knowledge of statistical packages – SPC Techniques or Minitab etc.
- Knowledge of laboratory based management systems i.e. Q-pulse, Pilgrim, AX2012 or LIMS.
- A understanding of quality standards – AS9100, ISO9001 and awareness of NADCAP.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Quality Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment - 01268 889267
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.