Coventry, West Midlands
about 1 year ago
Quality Engineer - Coventry - Permanent - Aerospace Industry
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of APQP and PPAP processes. Candidates with experience in aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to the continued success and growth this company, a precision manufacturer of machined components in the Coventry area requires a motivated and proactive Quality Engineer for a new permanent role.
The responsibilities of the Quality Engineer will be:
- Implementation, development and control of all quality practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen and Lean manufacturing processes, QA tools such as APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, Control Plans, FMEA, Poke Yoke, 8D and RCCA
- Lead and participate in containment, root cause and corrective action investigations on customer internal and supplier non-conformance, compile trend assessment and risk identification and take appropriate remedial action.
- NADCAP working experience
- Knowledge of AS9100, ISO9001 and Rolls Royce SABRE
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to initiate and maintain relationships with challenging international suppliers and manage frequent interactions with senior management and other internal customers
- Ability to challenge individuals at all levels to ensure compliance to business processes and standards
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong understanding of FAIR's and LAIR's - Preparation and Delegation Status, management of queries
- PIR's / PAD/ TAD / 8D / Quarantine / Supplier rejects
- ERP literate with knowledge of BOM's, route cards, stores and WiP control
- Gauge R&R / SPC / PFMEA and Calibration
- Quality Notice responses, Concessions, Production Permits and DAR preparations
- NPI - drawing / inspection plan / operation inspection sheet / gauges (advise / contract review)
- Aerospace material knowledge
- Customer Quality point of contact - Customer portals and Score Card queries
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of FAIR's, APQP and PPAP processes and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.