£35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
A Quality Engineer is required with strong 8D problem solving skills and excellent customer communication skills. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company based in Worcester requires a proactive Quality Engineer with pressings experience for a new permanent role.
As a Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- To ensure that all products are introduced, manufactured and verified to customer requirements and corrective actions are effectively implemented when non-conformances are found. This shall be done through product involvement, investigation, monitoring and audits.
- Conduct internal / supplier investigations to determine root cause using structured problem solving techniques.
- To ensure effective and robust Containment and Corrective Actions are implemented and verified to prevent repeat concerns.
- To ensure all Quality system documentation is updated in line with Corrective Actions, i.e. Care points, MWI's and Job Wallets.
- Raise and submit Customer Concessions.
- Compile and manage Customer, Internal and Supplier 8D's.
- Liaise with Customers and undertake Customer visits.
- Manage booking and reporting of Internal and External scrap.
- Liaise with Suppliers and undertake Supplier visits/audits.
- Participate in operator Training and development.
- Participate and manage activities detailed in weekly scrap meetings.
- Undertake Product, Process and QMS audits in line with schedule.
- Observe and comply with all aspects of the following International Quality Systems:
- BS EN AS9100:2009 (Aerospace)
- ISO/TS16949:2009 (Automotive)
- Take ownership and responsibility for quality and be pro-active in the role of achieving the company target of 100% business quality and product conformance.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Automotive & Aerospace quality systems.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of MSA, PFMEA, Process Flowcharts, Control Plans & Manufacturing Work Instructions.
- Familiar with CMM activity and ability to Interpret CMM reports including capability studies.
- Ability to manage Customer approval requirements, i.e. ISIR, FAI, FAVE or PPAP.
- Ability to manage Suppliers regarding approval, rating and development.
- Good understanding and competent in leading 8D activity.
- Have good practical, technical and analytical skills, with a good understanding of Capability studies and SPC.
- Be self-motivated, show initiative and take responsibility.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, internally, at Customers and with Suppliers.
- Build and maintain good working relationships with Customers and Suppliers.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.