about 2 years ago
Salary - Competitive
Location - South Wales
Our client, a leading manufacturer of aerospace equipment and systems for commercial, regional and business aircrafts, requires a Quality Engineer to lead the implementation of quality assurance in development and sustaining phases of programmes.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that key deliverables on-time and to the required standard as well as selecting appropriate suppliers and ensuring parts are produced in compliance with manufacturing plans.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer will include:
- Preparing customer documentation as required to verify product quality
- Identifying and agreeing all relevant product quality standards are aligned with design, customer and contractual requirements
- Supporting internal and external conformity activities in accordance with EASA and FAA requirements
- Coordinating and facilitating First Seat Review activities with customers
- Planning and facilitating internal First Article Inspections
- Performing root cause analyses
- Reviewing and implementing improvements and identifying risks
- Establishing customer agreed product quality standards
Key Skills and Experience required for the Quality Engineer:
- HNC/HND qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline
- Experience of quality engineering within the aerospace or automotive industry
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- First Article Inspection/PPAP experience
We anticipate that demand for this opportunity will be high, so please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further details.