almost 2 years ago
Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary Range: Competitive
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of core quality tools and IATF 16949. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company based in Warwickshire requires a proactive Quality Engineer with 8D problem solving experience for a new permanent role.
As a Quality Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of the customer and internal concerns process.
- Quality Concerns (QER) management.
- Managing containment.
- Management of customer warranty processes.
- Facilitation and participation in customer audits as required.
- Co-ordination of APQP programmes as required.
- Managing customer PPAP submissions.
- Co-ordination of Quality Projects as required.
- Participation in Manufacturing and process capability improvement projects.
- Providing inputs for NPI, PFMEA, PPAP and the generation of Control Plans & SOP's.
- Participation in NPI Programmes.
- Raising PCR's and Concessions as appropriate.
- Using and generating statistical data for analysis in relation to investigations and the assessment of process capability where applicable.
- Following up actions identified from Product & Process Audits where applicable.
- Support of manufacturing training requirements related to quality concerns.
- Complete and maintain accurate, timely documentation and records as required by the business.
- Maintain the required standards of housekeeping.
- Undertake self-development activities as required by the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the Company.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree/HNC/HND level with experience in an Automotive Quality / Engineering environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge and training in Quality Core Tools. (PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plan, MSA, SPC, APQP).
- Proven problem solver. (8D, 5-Why, Ishikawa, Is-Is Not).
- Computer literate. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 and ISO 9000.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.