£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + pension, insurance and health care
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary Range: £40k to £45k plus benefits
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of Aluminium casting processes. Candidates with experience of the Automotive or Aerospace industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Automotive Powertrain company based in Northampton is seeking a Quality Engineer to support their expanding customer base.
- Ownership of internal quality gates - data collection and collation as well as defining inspection criteria
- Lineside quality improvement activities such as defect disposition analysis, rework and damage reduction as well as general improvement projects
- Data driven improvement activities in response to internal quality gate findings including conducting root cause analysis, countermeasure implementation and auditing
- Management of internal quality KPIs and metrics
- Conducting internal quarantine and scrap reviews
- Assisting in external quality activities where needed (significant overlap with customer impact issues).
- Planning and Managing PPAP activities
- Customer Liaison on new projects and existing product quality concerns
- Performing system, process and part audits in line with the companies accreditation and standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices operated by the company
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER:
- Experience in aluminium CNC machining
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- Basic knowledge of Aluminium casting processes
- Experience of manufacturing metrology equipment including CMMs
- Practical problem solving skills
- Knowledge of visual management techniques
- Experience in automotive PPAPs
- Working understanding of statistical analysis tools such as Gauge RnRs, capability analyses and comparison tests etc.
- Experience in the use of handheld gauging equipment
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Aluminium CNC Machining and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.