£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + pension, insurance and health care
almost 2 years ago
Job title: Quality Engineer
Salary Range: £40k to £45k plus benefits
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of CMM programming and APQP activities. Candidates from a CNC Machining environment would be well received.
Due to growth this Automotive Powertrain company based in Northampton is seeking a Quality Engineer to support their manufacturing operations - predominantly the machining of engine blocks, heads, cams and cranks.
The Quality Engineer will be able to develop measurement strategies for new product introductions, incorporating both CMM (PC-DMIS) and hard gauging. They will work alongside the NPI team to assist in the development of APQP activities for Production launches and carry out FAIR activities in line with customer requirements. They will also work with the Manufacturing teams to address quality concerns, drive continuous improvement activities and ensure adherence to Quality Systems within the production environment.
- Create CMM programmes and measurement strategies for a range of machined engine components to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
- Analyse measurement results and work with Engineering teams to address non-conformances, identify root cause and develop corrective actions.
- Assist NPI team in development of APQP activities in line with company processes.
- Carry out First Article Inspection activities to meet customer requirements.
- Exchange detailed information with Engineering and Manufacturing teams regarding internal quality concerns
- Take part in 8D problem solving teams to resolve customer concerns and address systemic issues.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in conjunction with Manufacturing management.
- Ensure Manufacturing teams are operating in line with ISO9001 / AS9100 quality system requirements.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER:
- Skilled in PC-DMIS CMM programming
- Relevant education in an engineering discipline and work-related experience within an CNC machining environment.
- Understanding of core products and processes for engine component manufacture
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide spectrum of roles across the organisation.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2015 - knowledge of AS9100 Rev D an advantage
- Good PC skills - Experience of Visual IPI required.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of 8D problem solving and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.