Exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer with knowledge and experience of pressings and assembly preferably within the automotive industry.
Reporting directly to the Project Manager the role is to deliver the quality aspects of the project, key accountabilities will include:
- Assess the current quality equipment used in current supply - feasibility
- Review adaptation requirements for transfer- RFQ scope of work
- Manage the supplier or in house to complete this work after nomination
- To collect current dimensional data and capability data to produce an exit PSW
- Collect and transfer all CMM requirements from current to new location and ensure CMM readiness for entry commissioning
- To collect entry data, CMM planning and measurement activities to provide feedback to tooling engineers on PSW status
- Collate all dimensional information and submit in line with PPAP requirements ensuring successful PSW sign off with the Customer
- Collate the PSW entry packs
- Produce the data packs for entry production (inc control plans, FMEA, ops sheets and packaging specifications
- Manage the APQP requirements for the project (or similar)
- Ensure all equipment for quality is proven and calibrated (R&R and calibration)
- Collate and ensure all PPAP elements have been achieved, by part ensuring successful PSW approval from the Customer
- Coordinate PSW sign off activities with the Customer
Key Experiences and Qualifications:
- Qualified to HNC level or equivalent in Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering
- (graduate preferred).
- Experience in press work (preferably body in white)
- Engineering environment, preferably involving press tooling and assembly work.
- Knowledge and experience of project management tools.
- Experience of APQP, SPC, FMEA, PPAP and control plans.
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel, Project & Powerpoint
Desirable Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of IATF16949, QS9000, ISO14001, OHSAS18001.
- Knowledge of tooling processes
- Understanding & direct experience of jig & fixture design.
- A sound understanding of ferrous materials & basic engineering processes
- A sound understanding of modern manufacturing systems engineering methods
Interested in the above role? Please contact Kate Stevens or Sarah Gilbert of Jonathan Lee Recruitment.