Quality Engineer - Gloucestershire - Permanent - Aerospace & Defence
A Quality Engineer is required with knowledge of AS9100 and Root Cause Analysis. Candidates with experience of the Aerospace or Defence industry would be well received.
Due to the continued growth of this company, a globally successful oragnisation based in the Gloucestershire area who provide high integrity control products for aerospace, military vehicle and soldier applications requires a methodical and analytical Quality Engineer for a new permanent role.
As the Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- Stand in for the Principal Quality Engineer when required
- Participate in monthly Quality Reviews
- Perform 'Tool Box' talks on Quality related issues and processes
- Produce Project Quality Plans
- Participate in Project Design Reviews and Gate Reviews
- Participate in Customer Review Meetings and Audits
- Lead and facilitate Root Cause and Corrective Action activities on non-conforming Product and Process
- Review and sentence Concessions and Engineering Change Requests
- Represent the company both on-site and at customer/supplier sites when required
- Perform internal auditing activities to ensure compliance to standards (AS9100/ISO9001)
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Operated in a similar role, ideally within the aerospace or defence industry but other sectors will also be considered.
- A strong understanding of FAIR's
- Able to conduct root cause analysis and corrective action activities
- Perform internal auditing duties
- Lead and facilitate quality reviews utilising the "Quality Tool Box"
- Experienced working directly with customers to include site visits and act as a point of contact for all quality related issues
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of AS9100 and experienced operating within the Aerospace or Defence industry and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.