£Competitive plus benefits
A Quality Engineer is required to lead FMEA's and PPAP submissions, liaising with customers on quality planning and quality issues for low volume high technology automotive transmission projects. Candidates with experience of implementing and managing the Production Part Approval Process for new and modified products or assemblies would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, an award-winning transmission technology specialist based in Thatcham, requires a proactive Quality Engineer to lead and participate in Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA). As a Quality Engineer you will be required to:
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) using APQP, compilation of FMEA's and Control Plans etc
- Production Part Approval Part submission warrant document collation and submissions
- implement robust solutions and changes to manufacturing processes to improve quality and reduce waste
- Maintain the documented Quality Management System and undertake projects, as determined by the Quality Manager, to include process enhancement, new processes and Manufacturing improvements that improve quality & efficiency
- Attend formal design reviews as appropriate to provide guidance related to a particular project
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- HNC/HND qualified in an engineering related discipline
- Knowledge of PPAP and APQP
- Knowledge of problem solving and root cause analysis tools
- Must have awareness of production processes/techniques in an engineering environment.
- Quality auditing experience
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with experience of production processes/techniques in an engineering environment to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Thatcham based transmission technology specialist will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Quality Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.