- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Kulbir Samra
- Contact Email: Kulbir.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: .
- Expiry Date: 01 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59335
Position: Quality Engineer
Hours: 7.30am till 4.00pm (1.00pm finish on Fri)
The role will have responsibility for improving customer satisfaction across the product range. They will have responsibility for assuring products meet quality criteria while liaising with production to continuously improve quality standards within the factory.
Key Quality Engineer Job Duties:
- Approves finished products by conducting Pre- Despatch Inspections
- Have the ability to use statistical methods to fault find & support solutions to technical issues.
- Be responsible for assuring bought in products meet quality standards (both internal and external suppliers).
- Where non-conformance exists, use initiative to introduce suitable manufacturing containment actions while working with the supply base (internal or external) & technical personnel to achieve long-term solutions using root-cause analysis techniques.
- Support day to day operations to ensure there in minimum impact to production as a result of quality related issues and generate quality trends and proposed actions to support internal reviews in line with TQM (Total Quality Management) requirements.
- Provide quality inspection support when required.
- Auditing (& development) of suppliers as and when required and support sample inspection (whether on-site / at external supplier).
- Support NPPD / Development Projects within the factory from design review through to build. Be actively involved to help guarantee its success.
- Assisting in the development and auditing of quality procedures / documentation including development of the quality management system and TQM reporting
- The role will involve some travel as & when required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- One of the following qualifications / experience is essential:
- Experienced Quality Inspector with experience of supplier quality management (min. 5+ years' experience).
- Quality Engineer with minimum 2+ years' experience
- Educated to minimum HNC/HND level in a Quality, Engineering or Manufacturing discipline
- Experience using standard measuring equipment is essential and reading / interpreting engineering drawing
- Electrical & Hydraulic experience would be an advantage.
- You should have good computer skills with experience of MS Office applications specifically Word, Excel and some familiarisation with Access (experience with ERP/MRP business systems would be an advantage)
- Ability to work under pressure; Have self-motivation and good interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational & planning skills and demonstrate commercial acumen.
- The individual should demonstrate fault finding & problem solving abilities and be able to work with production and technical personnel in resolving issues. A good working knowledge of production methods (fabrication, machining, etc.) would be advantageous.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.