Quality Engineer - Melksham
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer for a world leading Systems supplier for the design, development and manufacture of Sub- systems to the rail industry for Platform Screen Door and Braking systems at their facility in Melksham Wiltshire.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer to be accountable for managing customer quality issues within a fast-paced environment and to lead problem solving investigations to mitigate immediate safety risk, manage customers' expectations and prevent re-occurrence..
The Quality Engineer will:
- Ability to understand and capture the customers' voice at various stages of the complaints management process.
- Provide production support on problem solving and on defect reduction cycle.
- Act as a quality lead in new product introduction process / APQP process.
- Able to lead a problem-solving team to provide a robust corrective and preventive action report.
- Progress and validate corrective actions from inception to completion using 8D methodology and complementary problem-solving tools.
- Monitor, review and report key performance indicator metrics and failure trends.
- Provide clear communication to customers and within business with regard to warranty / customer quality issues.
- Liaise with customers to understand the in-situ concern.
- Identify and communicate product/service improvement opportunities to the management group.
- Utilise the SAP QM Module to complete customer investigations.
Professional experience and/or qualifications:
- HND / Degree and practical experience of electronics engineering/or mechanical engineering.
- Experienced in problem solving methodologies (including 8D) up to an industry best practice level.
- Knowledge of QM module on SAP is preferable.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience to interpret complex customer requirements and implement necessary processes.
- Salary - £35,000 to £40,000 - dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip
Delaloye on or call on 01384446192