Role Title: Quality Engineer
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Quality Engineer to be based at their site in Manchester the purpose of the role will be to provide operational technical and QA support under direction of the Quality Manager.
- Maintain operational, quality and technical projects to meet day-to-day and strategic business needs and plans
- Maintain effective performance of the QA activities in support of efficient order processing and shipment
- Maintain corrective action and non-conformance procedure actions required in the company's QMS
- Compile First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) for customers
- Maintain an efficient drawing control system and assist in change management
- Perform regular internal audits to ensure compliance in all areas of the business
- Respond to customer NCRs promptly
- Maintain full awareness of quality and specification requirements for customers, society and regulatory requirements
- Ensure sales, purchasing and operations are provided with all technical support necessary to maintain adequate supply of product from approved suppliers and conversion sources
- Assist with effective, continuous efforts to reduce product, process and documentation costs and assist in order and manufacturing process reliability / capability improvements
- Report KPI data and related information to the Quality Manager
- Any other reasonable duties or accountabilities that are consistent with the role and driven by organisational requirements at any given time.
- Continual compliance with HS&E policy, promotion of safe working practices and environmental awareness throughout departments
- Adherence to company Quality policy and procedures. Provision of high quality products and services on time
- Promotion of business process improvements throughout the company and assist the Quality Manager to ensure all targets are met or exceeded
- Operate within budget parameters, corporate guidelines and protect corporate assets
- Ensure all legal, regulatory plus internal policies and procedures are complied with
Areas of Knowledge:
- Quality Management Systems based on AS9100 and related standards, requirements and approvals such as NADCAP. Process control.
- Knowledge of CAD software such as SigmaNest is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of laser cutting process is preferable.
- Audit assistance with external auditors and performing your own internal audits.
- IT literate with Microsoft products. Numeracy, literacy, communication, negotiation, problem solving methodologies (such as 8D and 5-Why), ability to prioritise and effective team working. Proficient in following engineering drawings
- Degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or similar HND within a recognised engineering apprenticeship
- 5+ years in the metals industry (or a related engineering end user) with significant exposure to quality systems, alloy production/processing, metal product testing and inspection, metal system applications.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment