Quality Engineer - 51564
Salary Range: £20.84 Ltd Co
A Quality Engineer is required with automotive manufacturing experience.
This company based in Dagenham requires a Quality Engineer with experience of engine assembly for a new contract role. As a Quality Engineer, you will be required to:
- Develop the Engine Quality operating system and procedures to satisfy QS9000.
- Work with suppliers to improve the quality from supplier
- Develop supporting quality documentation to satisfy all elements of APQP (Advanced product quality planning).
- Develop and support associated quality infrastructure- DCP, SCCAF, PFMEA, QPS, gauging, calibration, cleanliness monitoring etc.
- Lead cross functional team initiatives in quality to achieve no faults forward/ zero defects
- Manage 6 Sigma Projects
- Identify and implement 6 Sigma resolutions to Quality and productivity concerns.
- Work with VO to reduce pulls and repairs, develop inter plant relationships.
- Respond in a resolute manner to daily RECRS, ICA and PCA
- Develop own skills in support of the Quality Operating System. - Core skills (eg SPC, Problem Solving)
- Advanced Quality Tools (Experimentation, Vibration analysis, DCP)
- 6 Sigma Black and/or Green Belt
- Actively participate in Simultaneous Engineering Meetings, Forward planning and Product Design to ensure that MTC process is followed.
- Support to resolve process problems and implementation of process changes.
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- A high level of motivation, initiative and creativity
- A flexible approach to cope with frequent change and development
- Knowledge of engine assembly processes
- Knowledge of - QPS, SPC, Dynamic Control Planning
- Ability to prioritise tasks & manage a demanding workload
- Computer literacy is essential, preferred packages to include Word, Excel & Microsoft Project
- Extensive manufacturing experience
- Relevant engineering degree
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with automotive engineering to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Dagenham based automotive company will offer you:
- £20.84 Ltd Co
If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259.