Quality Engineer - Aerospace/Automotive - Gloucester - Permanent
A Quality Engineer with knowledge of the aerospace and ideally automotive sectors is required by our client, a precision machining facility based in the Tewkesbury area. Candidates with an aerospace bias would be well received.
Key Responsibilities of the Quality Engineer will include:
- Defining quality-related shop floor controls such as inspection and testing or products
- Managing customer and supplier non-conformance issues
- Working with departments to highlight and action any issues identified and ensuring improvement activities are addressed appropriately
- Managing NPI activities to ensure delivery against project plans
- Managing PPAP activities
- Conducting, reporting and updating Internal and Supplier audits
- Ensuring timely turnaround of concessions and production permits
- Managing the calibration system
The Quality Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Competent in a relevant engineering discipline - preferably to Degree, HNC or equivalent experience.
- Proficient understanding of Quality Management System requirements (AS9100 and ISO9000 (mandatory) and TS16949 (beneficial).
- Proficient understanding and experience of using quality related tools and techniques (CAPA, APQP, SPC, PPAP, FMEA, MSA, problem solving tools, process control techniques).
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Quality Management Systems within the aerospace industry and you would like to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality Engineer role, please contact Sarah Davies at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446143.