Quality Control Inspector
Can you offer experience of quality control inspection within Aerospace sub or complete assemblies in a manufacturing environment? Are you happy working in permanent shift patterns of 6-2 or 2-10?
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this Quality Control Inspector role will offer exposure to proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, delivering assured performance and class-leading through-life costs. You will monitor and validate the quality of parts/assemblies and provide specialist inspection capability.
As Quality Control Inspector your main responsibilities will involve:
- The raising of NCRs for non-conforming product detected at the goods-in stage and support production detected non conformities when required
- Performing Goods Inwards product quality & supporting paperwork checks (CofC, Purchase Order et cetera) in accordance with business processes (CCP & PFC's). Evaluate conformance to Engineering requirements.
- Inspecting partially and fully completed Assemblies to Engineering requirements.
- Conducting Patrol Inspection of random stages to ensure compliance to drawing and process.
- Providing ad-hoc business support against specific demand for Inspection/measurement of product where required
- Overseeing liaison with Suppliers and Manufacturing staff to help resolve queries when required
- Reviewing completed supplier generated FAI's and Grade 1 part control plans and amend MRP and VisualFAIR systems accordingly
- The compilation of FAIRs for internal assembly work to provide evidence of conformity of process and product.
- Supporting Supplier Quality Engineers and Quality Engineering where appropriate
- Performing sample product audits of Ship to Stock parts
- To support the internal Calibration programme for measurement equipment
Core skills and qualifications for this role will include:
- Experience of working in an Inspection environment and recognised CMM operator training
- Internal Auditor experience is desirable
- ONC/HNC level or equivalent desirable
- Familiarity with AS9102 FAIR requirements
- The ability to read and interrogate engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Familiarity with general non-conformance processes
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with Suppliers and Internal Customers
- Ability to programme, operate and interrogate CMM reports
Part of the application process will require you to undertake a colour-blind test as normal colour vision is required for the role.
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet for more details.