- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Justin Wainwright
- Contact Email: Justin.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01268 889267
- Expiry Date: 29 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58920
Quality Assurance Technician
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for testing materials and finished products to ensure they conform to all industry and internal company standards. You will be accountable to ensure the control of quality across both part and finished vehicles and that the quality standards meet customer expectations, internal quality standards and external compliance standards. You will be responsible for improving the quality using continuous improvement methodologies and using sound data analysis to drive improvement activities.
Key duties will include:
- To perform regular inspection tests on components/finished goods to verify that everything is functioning properly and efficiently and that there are no safety critical hazards.
- To carry out audits on cell and final production areas to ensure all processes are being followed as stipulated in the SOP's, build travellers, safety guidelines and quality inspection check sheets.
- To complete, check and sign off all relevant paperwork in compliance with industry standards.
- To produce visual quality alerts to support the production team to improve quality in the build process.
- To create quality/testing methods, checklists and quality alerts to support the production operators to produce consistently high-quality finished vehicles/parts.
- To gather and analyse quality data to inform and self-drive continuous improvement activities.
- To drive a quality assurance culture, building quality into the build processes.
- To carry out calibration of any measuring equipment, jigs, fixtures used in the production environment.
- To reduce waste and find more efficient ways of working. To work in partnership with the production team to produce Right First-Time product.
- Manage the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your area of responsibility.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Ensure high standards of housekeeping and hygiene are always maintained in line with 5S principles.
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported in line with the company investigation process.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all MS-RT company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental, Health and Safety, ethics, values, and codes of conduct.
- To contribute towards achieving and maintaining high health and safety standards and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
The suitable applicants for this role should have:
- Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous.
- HNC/BTEC in and Engineering qualification would be preferred.
- Analytical and numeracy skills, strong problem-solving abilities with a high attention to detail.
- A good understanding of Quality conformance requirements and continuous improvement.
- A good understanding of customer expectations and deliverables with an awareness of the impact of failure/cost of poor quality.
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes with a wider appreciation of business demands.
- Excellent PC skills.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines along with prioritising your own workload.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Quality Assurance Technician and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.