We are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager to support the delivery of Highways England projects to the value of £500m. Our client is a leading technology company that has been delivering intelligent traffic solutions and network maintenance for TfL, Highways England and local authorities across the UK. Due to recently securing a major contract with Highways England our client is now seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager to support the project delivery by providing expert advice in quality planning, quality assurance and quality control activities.
This post will be working closely with the Transformation and Technology project teams ensuring that stakeholders experience the highest level of quality control across the business and projects. Additionally your main responsibilities will include:
- Be an active member of the review team for the Design Stage Gate compliance process.
- Assist with supplier pre-qualification approval activities.
- Liaise with the Supplier Assurance Manager to ensure the consistent application of contract requirements.
- Support the development of the risk based audit schedule and provide independent audit capability.
- Support the development and maintenance of the ISO9001 certified management system.
- Lead guidance around advising on solutions to non-conformance and ensuring the effective approval of corrective action plans and action close out.
- Provide specialist advice to delivery managers where necessary, to help solve process and quality issues.
- Conduct investigation reports and root cause analysis for areas of non-conformance.
- 8D or equivalent reports.
We are seeking applications from candidates that have a proven experience of carrying out audits to ISO9001:2015 standard and preparing reports. This experience will ideally have been gained in capital and maintenance projects within telecommunications, rail or highways environments. You will hold relevant Auditor qualifications (e.g. IRCA trained Lead Auditor) and have implemented ISO9001:2015 and experience of National Highway Sector Scheme (NHSS) 8 would be viewed very advantageously. You'll be an effective communicator, whilst having the natural ability to build and develop stakeholder relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity to not only work within one of the UK's leading technology organisations but to also be involved in the delivery of some of the largest infrastructure projects across the highways network for decades. In return our client can offer their staff continued career and professional development and for this post a salary up to £60,000pa dependent on experience and a benefits package to include, a company car/allowance, company pension scheme, a range of family friendly schemes and 33 days holiday each year.
If you would like to discuss this Quality Assurance Manager role in more detail then please call 01384 397555 and ask for Les Hines or send an email and CV .