- Sector: Food & Drink
- Function: Quality
- Contact: Grant Nisbet
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446115
- Expiry Date: 10 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59759
Manufacturing - Food Industry
Perm - to £50,000 + package
Are you a leader when it comes to Food Safety and Quality who can display a positive enthusiasm and demonstrate a real drive to make pragmatic, informed decisions?
Can you ensure the production of all finished products complies with legislation as well as internal and external standards?
Key duties in this QA Manager role will include;
- To ensure all finished product leaving the company's control is of the correct standard by effective management of finished product from quarantines and incidents.
- Providing problem solving skills to ensure root causes of incidents are understood and introduce preventative actions to ensure issues are not repeated.
- Identifying and communicating top losses for each centre / area for RFT, cost of quality and complaints, ensuring appropriate improvement plans are in place.
- To lead the way in maintaining, developing and improving systems to comply with requirements to both internal and external standards.
- Reducing operational risk by identifying opportunities to simplify and strengthen current practices and ways of working.
- To deliver improvements in KPIs, including right first time, cost of quality, NDC blocked stock and consumer complaints.
- To develop an agile team that delivers results by focussing on prevention of issues and finds clever solutions to simplify and improve.
- To define and monitor standards across the site in terms of acceptable hygiene and housekeeping standards to drive daily improvements.
Key responsibilities in this QA Manager role will include;
Leading and co-ordinating the internal and external auditing programme, delivering successful outcomes in all cases.
Ensuring effective management of a team of Centre Support Managers, including responsibility for tasting and ISM activities.
Offering key contribution to the training / development of the Food Safety Quality Team as well as developing and delivering training courses to site operations & engineering teams in support of quality improvement initiatives.
Taking the lead in serious incident investigations to ensure root causes are identified and preventative measures implemented.
Improving and standardising Food Safety Quality processes across the site and other UK sites as required, to ensure the achievement of business and legal requirements.To work closely with Ops managers and their teams to develop quality improvement plans as well as ensuring strong support for trouble shooting and problem solving for issues that affect the safety and quality of manufactured product.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will offer experience in the food industry in a Quality Assurance Management / Operational Management environment, whilst holding a degree in an appropriate scientific discipline and being adept at applying techniques such as HACCP, risk assessment and continuous improvement activities.
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet on 01384 446115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.