Quality Assurance Engineer - Automotive - Plastic Moulded Components - Birmingham with some regular travel to one other site - Up to Circa £40k DOE.
This multi site business operating globally and with several site in the UK are experts in rapid prototyping and short low volume productions runs delivering both large and small plastic moulded components to R&D teams and aftermarkets within the automotive sector.
To support a new project win we are seeking a QA or Quality Assurance Engineer to work predominantly across the low volume production element of the business on all NPI activities. It is envisaged that you will act as the Quality authority throughout the product development life cycle with responsibility for ensuring quality requirements are addressed throughout the engineering development of new products. You will identify and embed new products into the quality management system and ensure a smooth handover of embedded new products to production quality teams.
Some key areas of responsibility in the role will include:
- Quality Planning - ability to effectively flow down Customer specific requirements and ensuring capture of all quality requirements relating to the achievement of product compliance.
- Generation of Quality plans to meet product requirements, including costs, feasibility and customer requirements.
- Ensuring Quality plans are implemented and translated into robust production process controls.
- Ensure Quality Management System adherence to ISO9001 and TS16949 throughout the Product Development Lifecycle.
- Ensure implementation of robust change control and configuration management process.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management.
- Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D, and DFMEA / PFMEA.
- Driving corrective and preventative actions with process owners.
- Control required First Article Inspections and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Gathering analysis and process data to ensure repeatability of product when made.
- Ensuring Customer requirements are being meet and the design of product is robust in its application
- Providing leadership and direction on lean practices within the departments and supporting improvement programmes.
- Ownership of Packaging Requirements
This is a great role in a niche business offering a varied work load and the opportunity to make a genuine contribution to the success of customer projects. To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a background of Quality Systems Management and quality assurance within an automotive manufacturing environment.You will be an effective problem solver and will have experience and working knowledge of the application of modern quality based problem solving toolS such as 8D, PPS, A3, Ishikawa, 5 Why and SPC.
Applicants with formal suitable Engineering based qualifications will be at an advantage, all routes to qualification will be considered.
For more information or to apply please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Jonathan Lee Recruitment.