Job Title: Quality & Technical Manager
Department: Quality and Technical
Salary: £50,000 plus bonus and car allowance
Due to growth, a Quality & Technical Manager is required in Evesham to take full responsibility for the overall management of quality, technical & innovation requirements.
- To manage the Quality & Technical function, including establishing management systems to enhance product and service received from our suppliers and offered to our customers.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and R&D relevant trade associations and universities.
- To ensure the site based quality & technical team provides effective support to the operations in respect of policing quality systems to maintain a high level of product quality at all times.
- Co-ordination of quality issues with customers and suppliers, plus management if internal issues. Ensuring appropriate root cause analysis is undertaken to avoid re-occurrence of issues
- Report & Manage KPI's for Management review or Customer requirements, to defined deadlines with appropriate level of detail and analysis.
- Responsible for the maintenance and compliance with Quality Management Systems (ISO9001, BRC, AIB and HACCP)
- To lead process improvements and support CI programs on site
- To ensure appropriate technical evaluation of products is completed in order to ensure customer requirements are met in full.
- Liaison with Technical Services for customer issue resolution or new product trials
- To provide the effective management of innovation needs of the customer base, inclusive of "blue sky thinking", from concept to full commercialisation of product.
- To participate in cross BU/BG and customer/supplier led innovation forums.
- Evaluation of New Suppliers and Raw Materials
- Control all allocated budgets in terms of labour and innovation spend set during budget process
- To demonstrate the personal and business acumen necessary to gain the confidence of both customers and colleagues at all levels.
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Likely to be degree level or equivalent in a scientific/packaging technology or related discipline
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills, both verbal and in writing, with the ability to present with ease to customers and suppliers.
- The capability to work through people whilst achieving the highest standards.
- The ability to inspire confidence and gain the commitment of subordinates, team members and senior managers.
- Commitment to excellence in customer service, health and safety and product excellence.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Quality and Technical Manager role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147