Quality & Safety Engineer
Automotive vehicle testing industry
The purpose of the role is to lead and coordinate the CE certification process providing technical guidance and support to the engineering and project management departments.
In addition, helping to produce technical files and completing safety risk assessments in line with the essential health and safety requirements and provide assurance that all products and systems are safe and legally compliant.
The duties of the Quality & Safety Manager:
- Ensure relevant directives and harmonised standards are being adhered to enabling the CE marking of systems and products designed, manufactured and installed by the business.
- Undertake machinery risk assessments and reviewing machine safety at each stage of the process from design, manufacture and installation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of QHSE management systems.
- Conduct internal and external audits including ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Use 8D's to ensure root cause investigations into any failure of quality, environmental or safety systems for any reported incidents.
- Support on QHSE matters in relation to customer requirements.
Experience required for the Quality & Safety Manager role:
- NEBOSH qualified
- Experience in problem solving techniques - 8D, Six Sigma
- Experience of CE marking and compliance with EU directives.
- A background working in the automotive engineering industry in a similar position.
- A solid knowledge of European Directives such as machine directive, low voltage, EMC and pressure equipment.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary expectations. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission with further details. However, should you wish to discuss your application in the meantime, please contact Justin Wainwright on 01268 889267 or 07711 156281