An opportunity has arisen for a Quality and Measurement Engineer to work for this luxury automotive OEM based in the Warwickshire area.
Working within the T&PPG Quality team, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring standardised requirements are aligned and delivered on time.
- Regular interface with both Internal and external press shops in developing quality assurance methods and help develop dimensional standards to be used across all Press Shops.
- Aspects of the role will require travel to vendor locations (both UK and overseas), which could be for extended periods during launch.
- Collating information and report on T&PPG metrics to assist the Dimensional Manager.
- Helping to develop and shape the way that T&PPG assures the dimensional and cosmetic quality of the panels it provides.
- Creating & delivering the T&PPG Standards and formats for measurement and inspection reports to be used both in-house and by suppliers.
- Regular interface with all necessary parties, in particular between Stamping Process Planners, Engineering, DCBI/DMBI and OEMs
- Aspects of the Quality Engineer's role will require travel to vendor locations / suppliers (overseas and UK based) as well as extended periods in any of the Press Shops during launch periods.
- Managing the T&PPG Media standards, procurement, designing, development and delivery.
- A sound engineering and manufacturing background and knowledge of the latest tools and technologies available for rapid sheet metal part evaluation.
- Proven experience in a dimensional role with capabilities developed within a Press shop or BIW assembly environment.
- Understanding or ability to operate measurement facilities/equipment, i.e. scanners
If you have experience in a dimensional role within a pressings environment, and would like to be considered for the role, please contact Sarah Gilbert or Kate Stevens at Jonathan Lee Recruitment