6 months ago
Engineering Manager - Quality and Manufacturing
Permanent position - Sunbury On Thames
Manufacturing - Thermal Systems and Motion Control products.
The Engineering Manager - Quality and Manufacturing will work across operations, supply chain and design engineering to provide manufacturing engineering expertise in supporting existing and new products, defining new and support existing processes.
The company specialises in the design and manufacture of Thermal Systems and Motion Control products for various sectors including the commercial and military aerospace, rail and oil & gas sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Quality and Manufacturing Engineering Manager on a permanent staff basis.
As the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, - Quality and Manufacturing you will be required to:
- Implement lean manufacturing methods including 1-piece flow lines and visual factory to reduce throughput times, rework/scrap and work in progress. Also apply statistical tools and methodologies where applicable.
- Initiate and lead improvement projects and CAPEX to enable new process and product introductions.
- Provide day-to-day manufacturing engineering support for the production cells to enable customer schedule adherence (Fracas/concessions, change notes or MRB - material review board.
- Leading and working to ensure the most cost-effective manufacturing process flows are defined when introducing new products into operations.
- Instil new products and modified processes into manufacturing/operations
- Project co-ordinator and serve as senior link between design, project management and operations.
- Project manage new product introductions and the manufacture of legacy products from release to production through the product life cycle.
- Participate in the management of the technical direction, including the implementation and improvement of the NPI procedure, business technology and product strategy and the recommendation and implementation of organisational improvements.
Engineering Manager - Quality and Manufacturing should have the following skills or experience:
- Proven experience in a management role within a dynamic operations environment.
- Full understanding of regulatory requirements for the supply of products to the Aerospace or a similar regulatory manufacturing organisation.
- Manufacturing Engineering Management experience in a responsive engineering company.
- Strong leadership qualities with a strong aptitude for motivating others.
- A proven track record of generating and maintaining process maps, PFMEA's and control plans.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- Experience of using Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams.
- Significant technical and problem-solving experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing environment.
- Ideally qualified in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Engineering Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.