Job Title: Continuous Improvement Engineer
Salary Range: £35,000pa to £40,000pa
A Continuous Improvement Engineer is required with auditing experience and strong problem solving skills and experience of implementing lean and continous improvement into production environments. A company based in Kingswinford is seeking to develop lean into their assembly environment, thus creating an exciting role for a lean specialist to develop a lean program into a completely blank canvass.
Due to growth this company, a leading supplier of disability products based in Kingswinford is seeking to develop lean into their assembly environment, thus creating an exciting role for a lean specialist to develop a lean program into a completely blank canvass.
As a Continuous Improvement Engineer you will be required to:
- Identify improvement activities, collection and analysis of data, identification of actions and execution of those actions.
- Review processes and available data sources for opportunities for improvement. Identify actions and drive them to completion either individually, as part of a team or as facilitator for other teams.
- Identify root causes of failures / complaints and issue the actions to address them through the NC and CAPA processes in a timely manner.
- Maintain the company’s Quality Management System ensuring compliance to ISO9001, ISO 13485 and FDA QSR requirements.
- Support implementation of ISO 13485.
- Internal process and QA auditing (Auditing the process and identifying where potential failure points are and recommending action to address in conjunction with the process owner)
- Cross UK site systems and audit support as required.
- Involvement in DFMEA and PFMEA activities
- Analysing, identifying and reporting on the top complaint and reliability issues, driving root cause and resolution of such issues with the operations and customer services teams
- Identifying and driving improvement in all operational activities (including within the supply chain) – using such techniques as 7 wastes, Kaizen etc
- Writing reports and presenting the output of investigations
- Reporting and inputting into senior management KPI’s and Management review
The Lean Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree educated in engineering discipline
- Knowledge of SPC/Data analysis PFMEA/DFMEA, 8D/Problem solving and ISIR/PPAP
- Problem solving to root cause
- Good presentation/communication skills
- Good at prioritising and managing high workload
- Problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- CMM Knowledge and the ability to read engineering drawings is desirable
- IT Skills (Word/Excel as a minimum)
- QMS, H&S and EMS Experience (ISO 9001/ISO 18001 and ISO 14001)
- Experience in medical equipment or similar industry
- Understanding of NPD Processes
- Medical Device quality systems and their implementation
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon, if you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the CI Engineer role, please contact Katharine Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.