Permanent position - Cambridge
A Qualification Technician is required to support the planning and mechanical characterisation of materials for customer qualification programmes and product development projects.
The client is a global supplier of advanced materials and support the aerospace, automotive and alternative energy sectors. Due to an increase in projects, they require a Qualification Technician on a permanent staff basis.
As the Qualification Technician you will be required to:
- Review and interpret material specifications, qualification test plans and associated test methods.
- Draft qualification test plans with line management support.
- Generate detailed test plans and overall project plans.
- Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and generate defined physical, chemical and mechanical test data - propose and implement agreed improvements.
- Investigate unexpected specimen failures.
- Undertake project work in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and HSE requirements.
The Qualification Technician should have the following skills or experience:
- A technical background in an engineering or material science discipline.
- A hands-on approach to laboratory work with good attention to detail.
- The ability to analyse test data - draw firm conclusions and where necessary, propose the next steps.
- The ability to write accurate and concise technical reports with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Qualification Technician and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.