Contract Product Quality Engineer
To £30 per hour
Can you engage with Quality Management Teams and Supplier Representatives at all levels to steer the problem resolution process at Supplier and challenge proposed solutions using product knowledge and awareness of quality tools? This long term Contract Product Quality Engineering role will require a good knowledge of SAP, B2B, Q-cat PQM and 8D. You must be able to interpret engineering drawings, use basic measuring equipment and apply group standards effectively.
Key responsibilities for this role include;
- Accountability for management and resolution of quality issues within their perimeter.
- Follow defined processes to raise the Initial Complaint Report and 8D request appropriately, ensuring the responsibilities of the company are met.
- Ensure problem landscape is clearly communicated to the appropriate suppliers.
- Progress the Supplier 8D landscape to closure in a timely manner ensuring the quality of the content is satisfactory.
- Ensure the Red Rack is reviewed and suspect components are progressed as necessary.
- Ensure the PQM Landscape is progressed to closure in line with defined processes and supported by the Supplier 8D.
- Ensure Third Party Sorting actions onsite are dealt with efficiently and effectively and containment activity is transferred to suppliers as quickly as possible.
- Verify Quality Instruction, Level 0 activities and Work Instructions issued for quality issues within their perimeter are correct.
- Escalate problems and suppliers as per the GS95015, defect elimination.
- Provide cross-functional support to process partners with respect to problem analysis, module meetings etc.
- Ensure clear communication of Quality topics with the M-KIFA organisation.
- When required support supplier visits to verify 8D problem resolution where required.
- Stand-in for QSB lead / manager on specific meetings and lead projects as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by QSB Lead/Manager.
If keen to learn more please contact Grant Nisbet for further details.