£24.00 - £26.00 per hour
over 1 year ago
Job title: QSB Engineer
Hourly rate: £24.00 to £26.00 per hour
Duration: 12 month contract
A QSB Engineer is required with knowledge of supplier management and development. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Automotive company based in Oxford requires a proactive QSB Engineer with 8D problem solving experience for a new 12-month contract.
As a QSB Engineer you will be required to:
- Verify Quality Instruction, Level 0 activities and Work Instructions issued for quality issues within their perimeter are correct.
- Accountability for management and resolution of quality issues within their perimeter.
- Follow defined processes to raise the Initial Complaint Report and 8D request appropriately.
- Ensure problem landscape is clearly communicated to the appropriate suppliers.
- Engage with QMT's and supplier representatives at all levels to steer the problem resolution process at supplier and to challenge proposed solutions using product knowledge and awareness of quality tools.
- Progress the Supplier 8D landscape to closure in a timely manner ensuring the quality of the content is satisfactory.
- Ensure the Red Rack is reviewed and suspect components are progressed as necessary.
- Ensure the PQM Landscape is progressed to closure in line with defined processes and supported by the Supplier 8D.
- Ensure Third Party Sorting actions onsite are dealt with efficiently and effectively and containment activity is transferred to suppliers as quickly as possible.
- Provide cross-functional support to process partners with respect to problem analysis, module meetings etc.
- Ensure clear communication of Quality topics with the M-KIFA organisation
- When required support supplier visits to verify 8D problem resolution where required.
- Stand-in for QSB lead / manager on specific meetings and lead projects as required.
The QSB Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Good communication skills - written and oral.
- Ability to make and enforce decisions.
- Ability to apply Quality problem-solving tools, efficiently.
- SAP, B2B, Q-cat PQM, 8D.
- Ability to communicate at all operational levels.
- Ability to interpret Engineering Drawings.
- Ability to use basic measuring equipment.
- Ability to interpret and apply group standards.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the QSB Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.