Contract Suppler Quality Engineer
To £39.75 per hour
Can you offer a knowledge of Automotive Technology and Product Development with a proven track record in Supplier Quality Assurance / Development within a Technical Automotive or Manufacturing arena?
This Supplier Quality Engineer post offer responsibility for the Quality Assurance of Purchased Parts throughout the complete product cycle, and will require significant contribution to early-phase concept work and supplier nomination.
Other core responsibilities will include;
* Supplier Quality activities within the simultaneous engineering teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process (NPI - APQP & PPAP).
* Series process and product approval.
* To ensure Launch readiness at component level for the introduction of new models.
* Closed-loop problem resolution of parts quality issues with suppliers.
* Management of supplier quality performance and implementation of corrective actions.
* Managing the parts quality implications of product changes, supplier relocations and model run-out.
* Proactive & reactive Supplier Development activities, impacting on supplier process yield, continuity of Supply and Product Quality.
Hands-on experience of Lean Manufacturing and excellent problem solving skills are vital for this Supplier Quality Engineer role, as are;
* Operational experience of quality systems, quality tools & techniques.
* Exceptional team-working, intercultural and interpersonal skills
* The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
* Tenacity, resilience and focus.
* A good Engineering degree or equivalent.
If keen to learn more about this long term contract role please don't hesitate to contact Grant Nisbet for further details.