Chichester, West Sussex
£34.00 - £36.00 per hour
about 2 years ago
Job title: QMT Engineer
Salary Range: £36.00 per hour
Contract length: 12 months
A QMT Engineer is required with previous experience in a Supplier Quality role and knowledge of IATF/TS 16949. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this Automotive company based in Chichester requires a proactive QMT Engineer with experience of supplier development for a new 12 month contract.
As a QMT Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Closure of all supplier quality problems from pre-series, production and after-sales.
- Delivering all project milestones as defined by the project timing plan using the systems and resources in the most effective manner
- Actively involved with the suppliers to deliver quality components to the plant
- Representing at the suppliers and defining quality and performance requirements
- Prioritisation of work and escalation within the project / department
- Representing the quality department in bespoke project planning meetings with purchasing, engineering and material planning.
- Evaluating suppliers during the nomination phase for new projects.
- Supporting engineering during the project development phase to ensure that any supplier drawings standards are clearly defined.
- Spear-heading the supplier development after the concept has been defined, which will involve supporting new and existing suppliers to the automotive industry to ensure all of the quality requirements are agreed and implemented.
- Actively supporting the quality technician for everyday plant bespoke quality concerns with new or existing products.
The QMT Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Experience in a parts quality or supplier development role, preferably in an automotive field
- Knowledge of quality systems QS9000 or DIN/ISO 9001/ISO TS16949
- Audit and manufacturing process and engineering experience to accurately assess and predict supplier conformance
- Capability to understand and relate technical drawings / specification to actual parts
- Good English and German language skills
- The ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 5 or equivalent (Degree, HND or equivalent)
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the QMT Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.