Position: QHSE Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 p/a
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced QHSE Manager to work on our client's site in Tamworth.
- The role will have the responsibility for ensuring the company operates within and adheres to all relevant legislation surrounding HSE and applicable compliance procedures.
- The suitable candidate will also be required to provide accurate guidance to the company on all Quality related matters and promote a positive culture and approach.
Specific roles / responsibilities:
- Ability to undertake root cause analysis utilising Quality tools (8D, Ishikawa & 5Y)
- Analyse data & utilise KPI's to identify improvements in all areas of HSE, customer, supplier & internal performance
- Mentor and facilitate activities through leading Kaizen teams to improve all aspects of QHSE.
- Manage the transition of suppliers towards PPAP for a successful certification/sign-off (PSW)
- Work with technical and purchasing in the setting of supplier acceptance criteria & trials
- Maintain the management systems, processes, and procedures that improve business operations in accordance with ISO 9001 & adherence to additional standards, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 & BBA
- Regularly communicate information on the QHSE Management System throughout the organisation, promoting QHSE & identifying continual process improvements
- Coordinate and facilitate internal, external & third party audits & testing as required.
- Update the CMS (Customer Management System) & identify areas of non conformance, chairing meetings with department heads to identify root cause & corrective actions.
- Communicate with all internal stakeholders to ensure clear & factual information is provided
- Ensure all activities within the compliance calendar and calibration programme are adhered
- Complete task based risk assessments - Mechanical, CoSHH, Fire and manual handling
- Participate in new product development project teams and manage Quality toll gates
- The successful candidate will be able to draw on their own experience to improve the business in all areas and develop a best practice strategy throughout the company.
- For a candidate to be considered a demonstrable and proven track record in the use of Quality tools will be expected as is experience in managing suppliers within a manufacturing environment.
- Whilst the role initially has no direct reports previous experience at managing teams as a QHSE Manager for a minimum of 3 years is essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.