Job Title: QHSE Manager
Salary: £50,000 p/a + Car Allowance
We are currently recruiting for an experienced QHSE Manager to manage our clients Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities during the development, construction and operations of their renewable energy projects.
Ensuring each project has the necessary arrangement in place to satisfy relevant EU and UK legislation, the position will also oversee policies for the safety and wellbeing of its staff, ensuring that HR polices are appropriate and correctly disseminated to all personnel.
- Ensure adequate policies, processes and procedures are in place to allow company to comply with current and future UK Health Safety and Environmental legislation internally, on its own development projects and on projects that it manages on behalf of others (which may be in construction or in operation).
- Ensure mechanisms are in place to advise company of upcoming changes to Health & Safety and Environmental legislation that may affect future operations.
- Advise management where there is a requirement to seek consultancy advice and to manage those consultants, although the HSEQ Compliance Manager is expected to have sufficient expertise to exercise their duties without recourse to third party advice.
- Advise management in respect of staff training requirements and implement approved arrangements.
- Advise management on need for lone worker procedures and implement with required approval where necessary.
- Provide safety induction documentation for staff and subcontractors as necessary.
- Collate Health & Safety data pertaining to projects and report to management in recognised formats that allow comparisons with national statistics.
- Perform or arrange auditing of the management systems of other companies and contractors that are carrying out construction or operation activities for the clients with whom has Management Service Agreements (and report to Clients and management on such audits).
- Undertake competency assessments.
- Investigate and report to management incidents and near misses involving operations under MSA arrangements.
- Other such duties that may be requested from time to time by management.
- Proven tracked record within a QSHE Manager role
- Relative Industry Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Tech member of IOSH
- CDM and Management Systems (ISO 45001)
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.