A Purchasing Manager is required by our client, a specialist in rail engineering and turnkey service provider.
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for contract management and supplier development, working towards establishing long term supplier agreements.
Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager will include:
- Sourcing of new products and services and the issuing of RFQ's.
- Conducting competitive bid exercises to test pricing and sourcing strategies.
- Development of supply base.
- Identifying and resolving commercial/performance issues with suppliers
- Supporting ongoing development of small procurement team.
- Introducing and developing best practice within the department
- Supporting the Head of supply Chain in the implementation and execution of the Supply Chain Strategy
- Identifying and managing risk within the Supply Chain.
- Managing the Supply Chain KPI Dashboard
Qualifications and Experience Required for the Purchasing Manager:
- MCIPS Qualified
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strategic purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
- Supplier Management experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to manage meetings with all stakeholders
We anticipate that demand for this role will be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you wish to be considered, please apply today. For further information on the Purchasing Manager role, please contact Sarah Davies at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 143.