Purchasing Manager - Europe
Salary c£50,000 - £55,000 negotiable
The purpose of the Purchasing Manager role is to lead the purchasing and procurement departments for the company's two European locations.
The duties for the Purchasing Manager - Europe role:
- Take responsibility for all regional direct and some indirect raw material categories.
- Take a strategic lead in developing and managing key regional supplier strategies and relationships in conjunction with internal stakeholders - Manufacturing, Production Planning, Quality Assurance, Technical and Finance.
- Negotiate and manage significant regional raw material contracts that include an emphasis on risk management, quality, service and continuous improvement.
- Lead, develop and manage the budgetary process for assigned categories and for the associated Purchase Price Variance (PPV).
- Communication with internal and external customers on raw material issues and major pricing variances to the operating plan.
- Ensure a consistent flow of raw materials to the sites to meet delivery commitments to customers for finished products.
- Drive process solutions and demonstrate strong Project Management skills.
- Supplier Relationship Management - (SRM)
Skills and experience required for the Purchasing Manager - Europe role:
- Qualified in Business, Purchasing or Supply Chain.
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar Purchasing Manager role.
- A background working in the Manufacturing sector.
- Strong knowledge and experience in commodity risk management.
- In depth understanding of ERP/MRP systems and M.S Excel
- Ability to analyse markets and financials of supply base and contract offers.
- Solid change management skills - an attitude and willingness to continuously improve on current processes.
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration. I can be contacted on my direct number for further information 01268 889267 - Justin Wainwright