Excellent day rate
Title: Purchasing Manager
Contract Position based at: Farnborough
Rate: Excellent day rate
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
As the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for a commodity portfolio within a purchasing team.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for your own performance within the team, contributing to its KPI targets and objectives which are measured collectively.
- Deputise within the team as required.
- Lead negotiations for multi-million pound tenders.
- Work with internal business stakeholders to adhere to the company purchasing processes and guidelines.
- Ensure that you work within the company’s governance and compliance policies.
- Set commodity strategies, often in co-operation with central purchasing colleagues overseas.
- Oversee supplier management activities.
- Play a key part in training others on a new purchasing IT system.
- Internal Proven experience in procurement of goods and services for major projects, or similar relevant experience.
- High level of competence in PC and Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience of managing supplier performance.
- Advanced contract drafting and negotiation skills, along with good commercial acumen.
- Excellent networking and communication skills.
- Strong analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with project management experience.
- Ability to lead and influence a cross-functional team.
- Experience of purchasing systems coaching is advantageous.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.