Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35000 - £40000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
£35,000 to £40,000
Our client is a leading manufacturer of home products and solutions. Using only the best quality materials, their designs are stylish, modern and superior to that of their rivals. All their furniture is manufactured on site at the dedicated production facility in the West Midlands.
An opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Manager to join the team. Reporting to the Finance Director you will provide unbeatable levels of service and quality to both internal and external customers at the optimum sustainable level of profit to the business.
About the role
- Determine and implement Purchasing strategies and tactics necessary to establish supply excellence at lowest ultimate cost for the company, by establishing a supplier network that is capable of consistently satisfying customer demand at all times
- Ensuring fully optimised company assets within the shortest possible lead-times and minimised inventory
- Ensure best value for money input costs and services, maximising the company buying power
- Measure Purchasing performance based on lowest ultimate cost criteria and by issue of policies, procedures, continuous audit and institution of appropriate training, ensure that these targets are achieved in line with the company's annual business plan.
- Travel on occasions to identify and develop new sources of supply and new product and service opportunities globally in order to maintain optimal value for money and maximum competitive advantage so as to support the three-year business plan for growth
- Experience of Far East suppliers essential
- Minimum 5 years Procurement experience
- Strong leadership/mentoring skills
- Competent negotiator
- Drive and determination with the ability to adapt to changing situations
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you an experienced Procurement Manager and have FMCG/manufacturing experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Procurement Manager role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17