My client are a global manufacturer of aluminium hardware products for use in the construction industry. They are seeking a high calibre Purchasing Manager with proven ability in both direct and indirect purchasing.
- To ensure that suitable commercial and logistic arrangements are in place with suppliers to satisfy the company's direct material and defined goods and services requirements.
- Development and training of Material Planners
- To work as part of the new product development/enhancement teams to ensure that suitable supply arrangements are made to support the initial & ongoing development programmes and volume supply thereafter.
- Responsible for reporting the Purchasing metrics to the business including: cost, delivery on time, attrition levels, reject levels, payment terms etc. Preparation of cost forecast and budget information
- Negotiation and administration of commercial contracts.
- Close liaison with all other aspects of Materials Management to ensure optimum balance regarding cost and inventory levels.
- Compilation and maintenance of all necessary formal systems and procedures. (E.g. the requirements of ISO9001).
- Continuous activities relating to supplier development for cost, quality and service improvements.
- Ensuring that supply chain is compliant with Company policies and procedures plus relevant legislation regulations
- Investigating alternative processes, technology offering and new suppliers internationally and benchmarking with competitors
- Developing information regarding critical suppliers including capacity & forecast, ordering method and supply plans
You are likely to be currently working as a Purchasing Manager or Senior Buyer in the manufacturing and engineering sector. FMCG sector experience would be an advantage as would SAP knowledge and CIPS qualification.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this attractive Purchasing Manager position.