Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £36000.00 per annum
over 2 years ago
Buyer - Engineering
Automotive Tier 1
Birmingham, West Midlands
Purchasing Engineer required by major car parts suppliers for the automotive industry. This global Tier 1 imports, exports and sells parts produced within its Birmingham based manufacturing plant to the majority of Automotive OEMs in Europe.
- Manage defined purchasing activities throughout the company and explore alternative purchasing opportunities and solutions.
- Operate the purchasing function at it's UK based facility in line with established purchasing principles and procedures as set out at Group level.
- Work closely with centralised purchasing function at its European HQ and other purchasing functions within the Group to achieve maximum benefit from suppliers.
- Work in parallel with the Purchasing Coordinator (Europe based), to maximise the communication, support of and reporting to Group Purchasing and other departments.
- Manage new projects within the defined timescales and targets.
- Estimate purchasing costs and collect indicative costing information from suppliers, to support new business enquiries.
- Search, assess, visit and build relationship and cooperation with new suppliers
- Prepare and issue RFQ, letter of intent, tooling order, purchase order and commitment to cost reduction activity.
- Identify areas of non-compliance between quotations and drawings / specifications.
- Organise and control prototypes/materials trials and performance with suppliers.
- Define a purchasing strategy, monitor supplier performances and report against progress to achieve cost/quality/delivery targets.
- Negotiate and agree General Purchasing Agreements (GPA's) and Price Agreement (contract), including price update on system, with all suppliers on the approved supplier list.
- Negotiate and agree Annual Price Reduction (APR) with all suppliers.
- To monitor and analyse market trends in commodity material costs.
- Procurement experience gained within a volume manufacturing environment or similar is a MUST.
- Business or Engineering degree is beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of REACH/IMDS/PPAP is beneficial but not essential.
- Experience reading technical drawings. Knowledge of various manufacturing processes.
- Experience of procurement procedures and quality requirements.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Understanding of automotive NPI methodology.
Interested in this opportunity? Are you an experience Procurement Engineer? Please forward your latest CV or contact Lisa directly on 01384 446162.