Due to continued growth this global manufacturer of precision machined parts for various industries including automotive, aerospace and power generation are seeking a Procurement and Planning Manager.
Currently you may be working as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain Manager or Logistics Manager in a manufacturing business.
Strong leadership skills are vital, together with initiative in identifying and focusing on continuous improvement and operational excellence. Key tasks will include developing a strong supplier strategy to deliver cost savings whilst maintaining a reliable and quality driven service and enhancing our planning processes to improve on time delivery to our customers. Good planning, analytical and forecasting skills are needed to ensure excellent service delivery to a demanding customer base.
The successful candidate must have a strong track record of achievement in a fast moving manufacturing / production related environment and be both financially and commercially astute.
- Planning and managing inventory of parts sourced from external suppliers to ensure high on time delivery to customer without exceeding the correct levels of inventory
- Close management and development of key production suppliers
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance and direct actions to ensure the resolution of concerns and the achievement of agreed improvement targets
- Off site visits to suppliers at all levels
- Sourcing new suppliers in order to improve products, services and costs
- Identify and realise cost saving opportunities
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids to suppliers through RFQ process
- Generation of purchase contracts and blanket orders
- Ensuring inventory levels, both in terms of materials and finished goods, are maintained in line with corporate/business expectations.
- Responsible for the effective planning and scheduling of production, inter co part finished goods and sub-contractor processes
- Ensuring that priorities are established in line with customer demand, managing safety stock levels accordingly.
- Improving the overall planning process and utilisation of the ERP system.
Import SPA Role
- Track incoming shipments as requested
- Work with local TFP (technical focal point) on classification and maintenance of products HTS codes seeking advise & confirmation of accuracy from Export location & compliance HQ.
- Develop & revise written procedures & work instructions for internal & external import processes
- Give special instructions to Customs Broker as required
- Establish reasonable goals for Customs Broker service
- Audit Customs Broker/Freight forwarder invoices & customs entry for accuracy - process payment approval
- Advise Customs Broker of any required changes to entry
- Confirm that goods received = goods invoiced & reported to Customs
- CIPS qualification
Experience & Background.
- Demonstrated leadership success in a procurement/planning environment
- Working knowledge of financial principles.
- Experience of working within KPI framework.
- Natural leader with the ability effectively lead, coach and engage people at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional approach with the ability to network and develop effective working relationships at all levels
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Can do attitude, with a determined and positive outlook
- Calm and methodical, with the ability to make decisions
- Logical approach to analyzing and resolving problems
- Approachable but assertive
- Able to think laterally and is open to new ideas and change
- Strong strategic planning and organizational abilities
- IT Literate - MS Office
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.