£20 - 22 per hour
Job title: Purchasing Analyst
Salary Range: £20.00- £22.00 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday
6 month rolling contract working for a leading Equipment manufacturer.
A purchasing analyst is required with knowledge of direct and indirect purchasing within a high-volume manufacturing/engineering business. Candidates from a corporate manufacturing background and experience in reviewing product technical data and soliciting bid proposals would be well received.
Due to new projects this client based in Peterborough requires an experienced, dynamic, leading purchasing analyst from a direct manufacturing or engineering background to undergo a 6-month rolling contract role. As a purchasing analyst you will be required to:
- Purchase machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies or services necessary for the operation of an establishment.
- Be responsible for buying goods and services for use by their company or organisation.
- Exercise moderate independent judgment with direction from supervisor
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability and other relevant factors.
- Purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
The purchasing analyst should have the following skills or experience:
- University degree in a financial discipline - preferred.
- Previous finance-related experience required.
- Skills and Competencies: Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, negotiation skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyse financial reports, price proposals and other technical data.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Ability to predict consumer buying patterns.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to purchasing.
- Knowledge of supply chain management.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of direct and indirect purchasing within a high-volume manufacturing business. In return for your experience, this Peterborough manufacturer will offer you:
- 6 month rolling contract position
- £20.00 -£22.00 per hour
- 37.5-hour week Monday to Friday
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of direct or indirect purchasing within a high-volume manufacturing business. If you have any questions about the purchasing analyst role, please contact Matt Johnson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446116
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.