- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Kate Stevens
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446130
- Expiry Date: 23 October 2021
- Job Ref: 58367
Up to £19.00 p/h
Seeking a Purchasing Analyst to work for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
Joining the supply network team you will responsible for supporting the delivery of procurement excellence and driving collaboration between the divisional purchasing groups.
The focus for the team is to deliver a lean, responsive and resilient material and services flow for the facility from source to dock and additional required points.
In this role you will be empowered to recognise the potential for cost and inventory reductions, and quality improvement; as well as responsibility for soundness of business proposals and risk assessment
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Purchase Order Management - Provide expertise in the launching & management of purchase orders for a facility in the terms of parts related to pilot & production engine builds and supplier tooling, ensuring terms are correct.
- Responsible for processing inter-company purchase orders for parts and finished engines and all aspects of process development and invoice discrepancy root cause analysis and resolution within a timely manner.
- Responsible for new parts / design change releasing process from a facility purchasing aspect, in terms of distributing change implementations received to the relevant site buyers and tracking status, providing updates to the business, and reporting on KPI's aligned to this stream of activity.
- Responsible for ensuring full agreement coverage is in place across the supply-base for items such as: self-bill agreements, payment term agreements and Country of Origin declarations are received aligned to required timing.
- Providing analytical support to the facility purchasing team as and when required and supporting ad hoc activities / specific projects as determined by business needs.
- Data Analytics / LEAN Process Transformation - This is an exciting time to be joining the facility purchasing team with some big ambitions to improve the way business is conducted, providing greater visibility and reporting capability for key metrics both internally and externally. This role will be responsible for embedding the use of Microsoft Power BI and Tableau dashboards to support and drive focus areas for performance improvement.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience of working within a supply chain / purchasing environment would be ideal.
- An undergraduate degree from a college or university, or equivalent experience.
- Confidence in creating reports, databases and presentations within MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint
- High levels of numeracy and strong data analytical skills, including the ability to analyse and make recommendations based on facts
- Expert communicator; proficient in building collaborative and trusted partnerships.
- Data manipulation - Alteryx data processing
- Data visualisation & analysis - Tableau, PowerBi
Would ideally suit someone who is looking to pursue a career in purchasing and has had some previous exposure of working with suppliers.
Interested in the above role? Apply Today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.