Job title: PTME Joining Engineer
Salary Range: £30.00 to £33.00 per hour
A PTME Joining Engineer is required with knowledge of welding and joining. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company, a Tier 1 supplier to the Automotive industry based in Coventry requires a proactive PTME Joining Engineer with new model introduction experience for a new 6 month contract.
As a PTME Joining Engineer you will be required to:
- Feedback to your manager, PTME process engineering and Product Development team in order to ensure that all joining methods can be readily manufactured under plant conditions when the job is commissioned.
- Co-ordinate suppliers on joining feasibility trials, provide information allowing the process team to design the process and also ensuring material delivery for feasibility trials.
- Analyse results of the feasibility trials and to provide technical inputs to ensure data validity.
- Work together with the project team and to provide technical inputs into the project Request for Quotation (RFQ) at both simultaneous engineering and launch phases.
- Manage vendors' joining engineers to ensure all responsibilities are fulfilled and all technical reviews occur according to master schedules; to ensure all feasibility test requests and Machine Revision Estimates are raised in timely fashion according to master schedule.
- Work together with the project team and co-ordinate the Line Builders/vendors to deliver each phase of the programme, which contains all joining technologies' buy off procedures and standards in order to ensure delivery of joint quality.
The PTME Joining Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ability to transfer your knowledge base in an Engineering industry and transfer best practices into an OEM automotive environment.
- You'll preferably have a background in joining technologies working at a technical level with ANY of the following technologies:
- LASER System
- Self-Piercing Riveting
- Resistance Spot Welding
- Friction Stir welding applications
- Flow drive screw applications
- Testing of weld joins
- The ability to take the lead is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables and commitments.
- You'll be a pro-active problem solver with excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of assembly and joining processes to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry-based Automotive company will offer you £30.00 to £33.00 per hour.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of material selection and cost management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the PTME Joining Engineer role, please contact Georgia Silk at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 147.