Job Title: Proving Test Technician
Rate: Up to £17.50 per hour LTD or Umbrella
Travel: 5% of time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Proving Test Technician to join one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will be involved in a variety of engine installation projects into off-highway machines.
Primarily covering mechanical and electrical engine to machine integration, shakedown and test.
You will follow procedures/instructions to perform safe and defect free assembly of parts and components, using various hand, power tools and lifting equipment provided in the work area.
The role will require day to day operation of a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Back hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of engines and machines.
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- The ability to work closely with others is imperative, requiring team participation to achieve the agreed objectives.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- You will possess effective communication skills to liaise with various levels of the organisation.
- The ability to use hand/power tools, lifting, fabrication and welding equipment.
- Prepared to undertake required training/learning.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and some relevant work experience.
- Working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- Good PC skills ability to use Microsoft Office and CAT designed software.
Previous experience in the maintenance or repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles would be highly advantageous.
Please contact James Tilley for details.