- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Powertrain
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: May/June 2022
- Expiry Date: 20 June 2022
- Job Ref: 60975
Have you got experience working with plant, construction or agricultural machinery? Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Proving Test Technician to join a team who are heavily involved in a variety of powertrain installation projects into off-highway machines.
Proving Test Technician
Up to £21.00/ph - Inside IR35
Peterborough - Onsite
12 months initial contract - Opportunities to go permanent in the future
May/June 2022 start
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Fault finding on machines, working with diagnostic tool (machine/engine)
- Manufacturing of parts.
- Use of abrasive wheels to build bespoke pipework.
- Producing electrical looms (small leads to engine wiring harnesses)
- Servicing plant machinery
- Fixing mechanical defaults (hydronic experience desirable)
- Instrumentation experience (speed pick ups experience)
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have.
- Plant maintenance
- Electrical Loom experience
- The ability to read, comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions/procedures.
- Applicants will ideally have an engineering or motor mechanics apprenticeship and relevant work experience.
- Working towards or completed some form of relevant higher education (NVQ Level 3).
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in maintenance repair of off-highway vehicles and/or large goods vehicles.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.