- Sector: Off-Highway
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: James Tilley
- Contact Email: James.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446126
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 59129
Proving Test Engineer - Off-Highway Machines/Engines
Up to £32/hr - Inside IR35
12 month initial contract
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Proving Test Engineer to join a global off-highway OEM.
You will be involved in a variety of engine installation and test projects into off-highway machines. Primarily covering mechanical and electrical engine to machine integration, shakedown and test.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this role may include any or all of the following:
- Perform product and process maintenance.
- Collaborate with and support other engineers, managers, customers and suppliers and represent the company externally.
- Manage the install and testing of engines in existing machines and Generator Sets (Gensets) with involvement in the software signoff of the specific application.
- Manage their own development, continuously learning through experience. Key learning should be rounded out during this tenure, including knowledge of product performance and applications, understanding of customers' needs and working knowledge of key processes.
- Operate a multitude of different off-highway vehicles including but not limited to, Hydraulic Excavators, Back-hoe Loaders, Telehandlers, Track Type Tractors where required.
- Diagnose and fix a range of faults on both engine and machine.
- Work from engineering drawings (electrical, mechanical and hydraulic)
- Produce electrical looms to interface engine and machine.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and safe in line with 5S and total preventative maintenance (TPM)
- Undertake training and further learning as required.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 3-5 years experience or a master's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus 1 to 2 years experience or a doctorate degree in engineering.
- Ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments, either through on-the-job assignments or through pursuit of the advanced degree.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other units, customers, and suppliers.
- Demonstrable high level of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical/electronic aptitude with a good working knowledge of engines and machines.
- A good working knowledge of instrumentation and its application.
- Good PC skills ability to use Microsoft Office and CAT designed software.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- Good machine/engine hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic/problem solving skills.
- Previous experience or knowledge of the use and operation of Gensets.
- Previous experience in the use of CANape is desirable.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.